Get off the beaten tourist track and discover where the locals go in South Beach. Find the true heart of Miami when you explore unique attractions and little-known hotspots that most tourists miss.
Discover Where The Locals Go In Miami: South Beach
Do you want to do South Beach like a local? Look for little-known, locally owned hangouts with killer vibes that are off the beaten path. Many locals like to chill in Sunset Harbor, a picture-perfect neighborhood that overlooks Biscayne Bay. But all over South Beach, you’ll find cool things to do in Miami that the locals love too.
South Beach: Find the Heart of Miami
Check out these laid-back local hangouts and feel the authentic South Beach vibe.
- Bay Club Dine indoors or out at this chilled-out cocktail bar with karaoke nights and delicious, individual-size pizzas. 1930 Bay Rd.
- Foxhole Miami With a secluded location that matches its speakeasy atmosphere, this hidden modern hangout is popular with locals in the service industry. Look for the red light in the alley on Alton Road behind Domino’s Pizza. 1218 14th Ct.
- Panther Coffee Sip a cup of joe brewed with beans roasted on-site at this casually cool coffee house with industrial-chic dÃ©cor. 1875 Purdy Ave.
- Purdy Lounge This DJ and dance club has been around longer than most and is a favorite of many longtime residents. 1811 Purdy Ave.
- Bodega Taqueria Follow the savory aromas of roasting pork to this taco and tequila joint, a funky stop with flamboyant Mexican street food. 1220 16th St.